|SPRING 2020 INTERNSHIP – D.C. Office
Congresswoman Abigail Spanberger seeks a driven, detail-oriented, hardworking, and engaged individual to join her DC staff for a spring semester internship lasting up to 12 weeks. The intern would work with her dynamic team to improve the lives of 7th district constituents and communities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Constituent services: assist the front office staff with answering constituent phone calls, sort and batch mail, draft correspondence, and address concerns of constituents;
• Legislative research: work with the legislative team to conduct research on issue areas, learn about the legislative process;
• Social media: collaborate with the Communications department to track, organize, and manage social media accounts;
• Tours: train to give staff-led tours throughout the Capitol; and
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Responsible, reliable, punctual
• Has knowledge of the district, its constituents, and its needs
• Able to problem solve, think quickly, adapt, and handle sensitive information
HOURS & COMPENSATION: This internship is 20 hours per week at $14/hour. Specific days and hours are contingent on the individual.
TO APPLY: Please submit a resume, writing sample, and a 1-page cover letter that answers the following questions:
• What does public service mean to you?
• What, do you feel, is the biggest problem facing VA-07?
• How do you want to impact the community?
Please include the dates you are available in your application.
DEADLINE: Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until DECEMBER 13, 2019.
The Office of Rep. Abigail Spanberger is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender (including pregnancy and gender expression) identity, color, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance.