If you cannot get an answer from a federal agency in a timely fashion, or if you feel you have been treated unfairly, our office may be able to help resolve the issue or get you the information you need — whether it be related to Social Security, Medicare, the IRS and tax returns, passport issues, veterans benefits, Postal Service and delayed mail issues, and more. While we cannot guarantee you a favorable outcome, we will do our best to help you receive a fair and timely response to your concern.
My team can:
- Help you communicate your issue with a federal agency.
- Request a status update on your case.
- Ask that an agency consider or reconsider your case.
- Assist you in obtaining basic information from a federal agency.
My team cannot:
- Force a federal agency to act in your favor.
- Require a federal agency to speed up your case.
- Provide legal advice or recommend legal representation.
- Influence matters involving private businesses.
- Intervene with state issues.
- Intervene with judicial issues.
- Legally, my team cannot get involved with pending litigation, including questions about criminal trials or imprisonment, civil lawsuits, deportation proceedings, and child custody issues. My office cannot influence a court’s decision.
Please Note: The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual’s case. We will ask for your signature to proceed with this type of request.
Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
Common areas of assistance include tax refunds, identity and wage verification, and business tax returns.
Social Security Administration (SSA)
Common areas of assistance include Social Security retirement, Medicare enrollment, Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI), and Supplemental Security Income (SSI). SSDI and SSI are both types of disability benefits with different eligibility criteria.
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Common areas of assistance include VA healthcare issues and veteran disability benefits.
U.S. Department of State
Common areas of assistance include passports, international travel, and intercountry adoptions.
U.S. Office of Personnel Management
Common areas of assistance include annuities, federal employee health benefits, and court-ordered or survivor benefits.
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Common areas of assistance include immigrant visa petitions and naturalization applications processed by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
U.S. Postal Service (USPS)
Common areas of assistance include locating missing mail, assistance with a PO box, issues concerning postal facility, and changing an address.
All Other Agencies
Click here to get help with any other agency that isn’t listed above.